The Rageh canyon is one of the unique and beautiful natural phenomena of Rafsanjan County. This valley is created by Guivdary River, its floods and soil erosion of it during several thousand years. This valley was unknown till some a few years ago. Some features of the valley are sharp conical peaks, blades and strip wise walls.Rageh valley is about 20 km in length which contains beautiful shapes which made by several thousand years of erosion.
In some places among columns and wall peak jags there are interesting and various spatial shapes moreover it can be seen narrow and wide passages alongside the river and valley walls, in addition to small or big holes and cuts which some of them are natural and some are manmade long ago.
The canyon has a special shape. Although there are 2 or 3 valleys in other locations of Iran (Roteyl canyon in Kavire-Loot, Kalle jenny in Tabas and Cave-valley Zingan of Ilam province) but they have not some advantages such as ease of access, good weather, security and proximity to basic sources.
Characteristics of Rageh canyon
1. Special morphology of the canyon (contrast and conjugation of flat surrounding fields and deep valley with its shapes which are production of erosion.
2. Security of the district as a must for tourist attraction.
3. Rafsanjan airport (20 km approximately)
4. Sand-bed access road.
5. District virginity.
6. No troublous installations such as industrial, military…ones
7. Presence of some species of birds such as eagle… around the valley and possible bird watching tours
8. Possibility for astronomy tours (lack of troublous lights)
9. This valley with its special morphology can be one of Geo tourism destinations and Sarcheshmeh copper mine as a complementary for it.
10. Additionally this valley can be a part of tourist path which connects two Eco tourist attractions of the province, Meymand village and shahdad kalouts and who come Kerman for ecotourism purposes may visit this unique natural phenomenon.