Music Instrument Museum
Harandi garden and its building are the beautiful and wonderful building of recent period that obtained its historical value since Reza shah Pahlavi stopped there in his last exile. It was founded by Abdol Alsotan.
Hidden behind high walls just off the main Beheshti strip, the mansion in this peaceful garden was once the Kerman governor’s residence and now houses the small but well explained Archaeology Museum and Traditional Musical Instruments Museum. Built in 1911, the building was later bought by progressive businessman Abol Ghasem Harandi, who brought electricity to Kerman. On his death Harandi bequeathed the garden to the city. The upstairs Archaeology Museum displays clay, glass and metal artefacts found near Jiroft and Shahdad, while downstairs is an impressive array of musical instruments.
Harandi museum collection and its building is from the late Qajar period. This is set by the late “Adl Sultan” was built and in 1313 solar year it was sold to “Abolghasem Harandi” . Harandi Garden at the time of its construction was out of the city of Kerman, this garden have had all the features of an iranian garden-Emirate. Including parts of the garden can be used inside buildings, outside, terrace, bathroom, kitchen, rooms for servants, Gavgrd (Gavchah), dock and waterfront, stalls and fruit trees. They have undergone many changes over time, the stables and barns are destroyed, converted office building pointed to the kitchen. The garden of fruit trees and water wells and Gavgrd Gavgrd garden supplies and equipment on the south side of the garden.
Now on the ground floor of the building, the Museum of traditional instruments is placed and on the upper floor is the Archaeological Museum. The main goals of the Archaeological Museum is to show ancient civilizations of southeast region of Iran and their relationship with neighboring civilizations.