Fathabad garden is located 16 km North West of Kerman, according to historians, this pattern has been used to constructing Shazdeh Garden in Mahan. The history of the construction of the garden is around the year 1255 (Hijri-Shamsi), In Qajar period. Fathabad memorial garden “Fazl Ali Khan Biglarbeygi” was the ruler of Kerman. That is why it is also called Biglarbeygi Garden. The Fathabad Qanat water passed through fathabad Garden in the past, and it was so refreshing and lovely.
The Fathabad Garden with its old and valuable history, for a long time had been abandoned and damaged and most of the trees have dried up.
By effeorts of “ Kerman Moghoofat Foundation and development “ under the auspices of the cultural heritage, restoration and reconstruction of the garden began in 1392.
the garden is now in the final step of restoration process, the garden will become a Tourisim Destination and all tourist are welcomed to visit this garden.
Among the actions taken in the garden , following following can be noted:
– Restore water to the Fathabad Garden
– The replant of various trees of the garden
– implement greenhouse and plants cultivation
– Create a decorative flower garden center and sale of their
– Construction of a traditional restaurant
– Construction of sports grounds
– Construction of baazar for making and selling crafts
– Tourism-driven road construction